Cookies, Privacy and Acceptable Use Policy
Cookies are extremely useful as they can quicken up the web journey for you and can also allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Listed below is an outline of the cookies used on our website. If you would like any further information, we recommend this article from the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
Necessary cookies to allow your customer journey
Some cookies are essential to your web journey to enable to you to access secure parts of the website, this would include making an online order, taking electronic payment or submitting an online enquiry. Without cookies, you would be unable to do any of these actions.
Analytical tracking cookies to allow us to improve your experience
Our tracking cookies collect information anonymously about how you browse and use our website, what pages you visit, how you entered the site and where you left it. This data is anonymous and not specific to you yet helps us to make improvements to your web experience by identifying pages where more visitors may be exiting the website or where visitors may be struggling to find necessary information.
Marketing cookies to measure performance
Our marketing cookies allow us to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns, for example our email marketing. They collect data anonymously of general visit patterns and trends to understand the likes and dislikes of our consumers. They are also used to target you with relevant information specific to your browser activity and which pages you visit on the website.
Managing your cookies
You will be able to use the Help menu bar on most browsers to get information on how to block or prevent cookies. This will give you information on how to disable cookies altogether, however it should be noted that this will stop you being able to do simple e-commerce functions on the Burton Menswear Formal Hire website and we strongly recommend that you leave your cookies enabled, so that we can continue to help evolve websites and your user experience.
|Cookie preference||cookiesDirective||This cookie is used to remember a user's choice about cookies on the Burton Menswear Formal Hire website. This cookie is set when a user selects the button within the Cookie Information panel.|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
www.burtonsuithire.co.uk (the Website) is operated by ACS Clothing Ltd (we/us/our). We are a company registered in Scotland under company number SC177997 and have our registered office at ACS Clothing Ltd., Dovecote Road, Eurocentral, North Lanarkshire ML1 4GP.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by ACS Clothing Ltd and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may, at your option, also ask you to provide information about other people that may be interested in the Website.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us, or selected third parties, to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please untick the relevant box in your profile section. Please note we give you the option of continuing to receive information from only us and not third parties.
We will only contact you by electronic means where you have consented to this and we will only allow selected third parties to contact you by electronic means where you have consented to this specifically by ticking the box in the profile section.
We will not use the information that you provide about other people who you would like to be notified about our Website other than to send them an initial welcome email. It will then be for that person to register with our Website in accordance with our Rules of Website Use.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ACS Clothing Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the registration form we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Third Party Analytics
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.burtonsuithire.co.uk (our Website) and applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Website, whether they have registered or not.
Your use of our Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions in this Acceptable Use Policy, which supplement our Rules of Website Use which you can access by clicking here.
The Website is operated by ACS Clothing Ltd (we/us/our). We are a company registered in Scotland under company number SC177997 and have our registered office at ACS Clothing Ltd., Dovecote Road, Eurocentral, North Lanarkshire ML1 4GP.
1. Prohibited Uses
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our Rules of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
3. Suspension and Termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Rules of Website Use upon which terms you are permitted to use our Website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
4. Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.